Dance has a huge number of proven positive benefits, contributing to both physical and mental wellbeing. Many of the skills that are learnt through dance are transferable skills that can be used throughout life!
- It improves your posture
- It reduces stress
- It will help regulate your weight
- Dancing increases your flexibility
- It builds strong muscles
- It will increase your coordination
- It will increase your stamina
- Promotes creativity and problem solving
- Promotes an environment for positive learning
- Developing teamwork skills, independence, resilience and confidence
- You will make loads of new friends
- It builds self confidence
- It can help students to plan & prepare for exams (a transferable skill for school exams!)
Finally – Dancing is fun!